Thru The Roof: Ministry for People with Disabilities
Thru The Roof is a ministry in which people with disabilities and their families have the opportunity to glorify God.
There are between 600 to 650 million people with disabilities in the world. If we were to place them together, “they would comprise the world’s third largest nation with the highest rates of homelessness, joblessness, divorce, abuse and suicide. . .Only 5 to 10% of the world’s disabled are effectively reached with the gospel, making the disabled community one of the largest unreached – some say under-reached- or hidden people groups in the world.”
Ministry Among People with Disabilities, Occasional Paper No. 35B; Lausanne committee for World Evangelization
Our Spring outreach is perhaps one of the most fun dance you will ever attend! We host Jesus Jam, one of the highlights of the year—a an evening of dining and dancing for our friends with disabilities.
Help make Jesus Jam a success!
- old cassette and VHS tapes
- 80’s memorabilia for table decorations (Rubik’s cubes, Beanie Babies, Smurfs, Atari consoles, Cabbage Patch Kids, etc.)
- neon green masking tape (for a life size PAC-MAN game)
- a Delorean (you know, the car from Back to the Future)
- Karate exhibitions (Karate Kid style)
- Gift cards for prizes (we need 75 $5-10 cards from fast food restaurants and merchants)
- Prize baskets for our drawing
- Store-bought Rice Krispy Treats (350 individual treats needed)
- Homemade sweets for the caregivers’ lounge
We have three Bible School classes meeting at 9:15 AM for young children, elementary age children, high schoolers, and young adults with disabilities.
We have young adult small group Bible study at the Thru The Roof House at 831 Sycamore. We also provide buddies for our younger friends to attend classes in the main building .
PARENTS' NIGHT OUT
About every two months, we plan a special evening. The children have a fun-filled evening and parents have a few hours of time to themselves.
Once a month we have a worship service where everyone is welcome to meet at 6:30 PM in the Chapel on the Saturday before the 4th Sunday of each month.
PREVIOUS JESUS JAMs