February 26, 2018

Tuition Assistance Policy

College Heights Christian Church is devoted to the development of college-aged individuals’ spiritual growth, academic equipping, and the maturation of their gifts and passions to be used in and through the local church. Because of this there is tuition assistance available to those who meet specific criteria.

While ministry is a choice that someone makes regardless of their career or profession, the priority of this assistance is to go towards those who are preparing to go into full-time vocational ministry. See the following priorities to understand how this assistance will be prioritized. Small Grants may also be given to those who fit the qualifications and who are in leadership positions at College Heights, such as church interns.




  • Priority 1:    Those seeking full-time vocational employment in a church or para-church organization.                                  
  • Priority 2:    Those pursuing bi-vocational employment involving a church or para-church organization.
  • Priority 3:   Those attending a religious institution or those planning to use their  degree in a non-religious role for kingdom purposes.



  • Two or more years of active involvement at College Heights Christian Church.
  • Enrolled in 12 credits or more for the incoming semester.
  • Fill out the online application form and submit it by the due date: February 26, 2018

You may receive further contact regarding your application, and grades may be requested before tuition assistance is awarded.


Frequently Asked Question


Q: Is the money available to a Missouri Southern Student?

Yes, if they meet the assistance requirements.


Q: Are there limitations to which colleges assistance can be directed to?

No. Assistance can be awarded to colleges in Joplin, in Missouri, or out of state, private or public, religious, university, community, etc.


Q: Can the money be used for something besides tuition?

No, it will be sent directly to the student’s school to be applied to tuition costs (not books or housing).


Q: How often can I apply for the assistance?

You may apply once per semester.


Q: Does everyone receive the same amount?

Amounts will be given based upon the aforementioned priorities.


Q: Can a graduate or post-graduate student apply for this assistance?

No, the assistance is for undergrad studies only.


Q: What does it mean to be actively involved at College Heights Christian Church?

This means you have attended regularly for 2 years and you have volunteered in a specific area within the church for at least 2 semesters.


Q: What if I am uncertain about my future plans?

Base your decision upon your current track or goals.


Q: If I have a question about whether I qualify who should I contact?

Email Josh Quade at