The Story of The Citizen
September 7, 2016
Sy Huffer, Lead Minister, told us that sometimes we need to be reminded of the story of The Citizen, Jesus, to help keep us going. Watch it here.
Use these questions to help you explore the theme of last Sunday's message.
QUESTION 1: PRAY
How can your prayer life help you focus on the story of Jesus? How can this keep you going and warn you of danger?
QUESTION 2: SPEAK
Who in your life needs encouragement to keep going or to be warned of danger? What does it look like to tell them the story of Jesus?
QUESTION 3: GROW
What area of your life needs to be examined in light of who Jesus is? How can you become more like “The Citizen” this week?
QUESTION 4: LOVE
The last sermon in this series is “The Citizen Pursues Diverse Unity.” On the Great Day of Prayer, we are challenging people to love someone different than them. Begin thinking about who you can love on the Great Day of Prayer. What names come to mind?
THE NEW STAFF MEMBER
We are excited to announce our new High School Ministry Coordinator! Her name is Amie Splattstoesser (pronounced spah-LATS-toss-er). She officially started in the office on Tuesday, September 6. Here are a few things about her...
- She worked on the Event Staff the last three summers for CIY MOVE, including being the Team Lead.
- She's from Grand Island, Nebraska, and was very involved in her youth group at Third City Christian Church.
- She just graduated from Midland University in Fremont, NE, with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration.
- She is following God's call on her life to pursue ministry opportunities and has a passion for student ministry.
- She has an outgoing, fun personality!